Top 10 Damaged Hair Home Remedies
There’s definitely a downside to having picture perfect hair which is damaged hair. We subject our tresses to daily styling stress multiplied by frequent salon visits that no doubt leaves our hair looking over-processed and damaged. Finding effective damaged hair home remedies is the key to having healthy looking hair. We can choose to go to a salon and pay sometimes hundreds of dollars or we can find effective damaged hair home remedies that will probably work just as well if not better than a salon. Below is a list of the top ten damaged hair home remedies.
1. One of the easiest hair treatments for damaged hair is egg yolks. You simply take a couple of egg yolks, and add a little warm water. Mix well and massage into hair. Cover and let this sit for about an hour then rinse out with warm water.
2. A great way to try and repair heat damaged hair is to get some virgin coconut oil and saturate the hair and scalp. You might need to gently warm it over a water bath to bring it to liquid state. Put on a shower cap or towel and leave on for either several hours or overnight. The heat from your scalp will help repair your damaged hair. Wash with a gentle shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
3. Use olive oil or any other kind of vegetable oil. Heat briefly in the microwave and massage into your scalp. Put on a shower cap or wrap your hair in a towel. Leave on for at least an hour before washing out with a gentle shampoo.
4. Another great hair management technique is to mix equal parts of olive, almond, and sesame oil. Add five or six drops of essential oils such as rose, rosemary, lemon, lavender and sandalwood. Massage the mixture into your hair. Wrap in a towel or shower cap. Leave on for about an hour. Take a shower with your hair still covered. The heat from the shower will help the oils penetrate the hair follicles. Thoroughly wash the oils out of your hair. Repeat this about once a week.
5. Another of the many damaged hair home remedies is to mix mayonnaise with avocado or bananas. Apply the mixture to your hair for about thirty minutes before washing out thoroughly.
6. Mix about one tablespoon of wheat germ oil with one egg and two and a half tablespoons of dried milk. Blend these ingredients well and smear onto the damaged hair. Let set for about an hour. Be sure to wash your hair thoroughly.
7. Beat one egg white until foamy, and then add about six tablespoons of plain yogurt. Mix these ingredients well. Smear into hair and let sit for about twenty minutes before washing your hair thoroughly.
8. Combine three tablespoons of olive oil with one half cup of honey. Well-coat your hair with the mixture. Cover your hair with a towel and let sit for thirty minutes before completely washing the mixture out of your hair. This may also work as a great hair straightening treatment.
9. Another of the many great damaged hair home remedies is to mix together two cups of water and seven tablespoons of dried thyme. Boil for about ten minutes. Let it cool completely and filter the mixture. Massage into hair. This will help a lot especially with heat damaged hair.
10. Combine olive oil, peeled cucumbers and two well beaten eggs. Apply this evenly over your hair and let it sit for about twenty minutes before washing it out of your hair.
If you have tried these damaged hair home remedies and are still not satisfied, you can try some of the best shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair. If you are unsure, ask your hairstylist what they recommend.