7 Facts About Female Hair Transplant Surgery You Didn’t Know
A female hair transplant surgery is a popular option today for women who struggle with thinning hair and bald patches attributed to a number of external and internal factors such as stress, sickness, and itchy scalp hair loss. Read on to learn 7 new facts you may have not known before about female hair transplant surgery and if it could benefit you or another female that you love!
1. Unlike men, few women are good candidates for hair transplant surgery. Most women have something called diffused hair loss which is an allover thinning of the hair; rather than thinning on the sides and back like men that act as ideal donor sites.
2. Most procedures take up to 4 to 8 hours depending on the amount of hair and thickness you desire!
3. Hair restoration cost is very substantial. Depending on what you need you can look at spending anywhere from $4,000 all the way up to $15,000!
4. There is a slight risk of bleeding, scarring, and infection, just like with any kind of surgical intervention. Certain medical conditions can deem this procedure counter-indicated for you.
5. With this procedure new hair growth is not created. Patient’s own or donor hair is taken from other areas and implanted into the scalp with bold patches.
6. It sometimes takes 6 to 8 months for hair transplant recipients to see the results of the procedure.
7. You need a consultation prior to this or any cosmetic surgery to determine whether you are a good candidate. You should be weary of a doctor who does not want to have a consultation with you prior to surgery, as you may not be an ideal candidate for the procedure!
If after reading this you feel as though you may not be a prime candidate for a female hair transplant procedure, there are a variety of other ways you can get thicker and healthier looking hair. There are many supplements you can try to promote hair growth, or try using human clip in hair extensions that come in an assortment of colors, styles, lengths, and textures to look natural.
Female hair transplant surgery is for some women, but not all. By consulting your doctor and educating yourself about the facts and myths of the procedure, you can judge if it may work for you and your budget. For many women hair extensions and herbal supplements may be the next best thing to try!