7 Benefits of Coconut Oil on Hair
Coconut oil doesn’t just smell great, it helps you look great! There are many benefits of coconut oil on hair and ways that you can use it as one of the best hair products for damaged hair. Read on to learn about the 7 benefits of coconut oil on natural and colored treated hair.
1. Coconut oil is filled with organic ingredients, antioxidants and fatty acids that nourish, protect, and heal your scalp, similar to the results you would get from the use of a hot oil treatment for natural hair.
2. More benefits of coconut oil on hair include a reduction of protein loss for all hair types, resulting in baldness prevention. Begin using it as your notice your locks beginning to thin, or now to prevent future breakage and thinning.
3. Research has also proven that the oil helps reduce damage from bleach treated hair because it penetrates deep down to the hair’s shaft, fixing dry and cracked strands, reversing a dull and dry look.
4. It makes your hair super shiny. The best coconut oil for hair is Palmer’s Coconut Oil formula, which can be found at most grocery stores and pharmacies for a small price tag.
5. More benefits of coconut oil on hair is that it prevents dandruff. Massaging a few tablespoons onto your scalp once a week and leaving it in overnight will put moisture back into your scalp and hair. Say goodbye to those unsightly white flakes!
6. Extra virgin coconut oil for hair is also used for cooking! Biona Cold Presses Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is high in fiber, Omega 3, and Vitamin C which makes your hair smooth and shiny when worn as a hair mask once or twice a week. It also infuses Thai dishes with a savory sweetness and is said to be a natural laxative.
7. It is cost effective. Many deep conditioning products from salons tend to be very expensive with a price tag of nearly 20-50 dollars or even more. A jar of coconut oil can be purchased for less than 10 dollars and has multi-purposes! Besides slathering it on your hair you can use it as a make-up remover and facial moisturizer!
The benefits of coconut oil on hair are numerous and plentiful. Place it in your kitchen cabinet or bathroom to have it readily available to not just toss in your culinary dishes, but massage and soften your scalp!